Did you know that yearly expenses for a pet can cost from $200-2,000 and sometimes more, according to the ASPCA? Welcoming a pet into your home has an impact on your finances. The following table, presented by the ASPCA, calculates the probable costs for common pets per year:
1. Premium brand dry kibble
2. Exam, vaccinations, heartworm preventative & topical flea/tick preventative
3. Scoopable litter for cats, scooped daily; hardwood shavings or recycled paper products for rabbits, guinea pigs and small mammals, changed at least weekly
4. Insurance coverage varies: some policies cover spray/neuter, vaccinations and heartworm medication. The annual deductible will also vary depending on the policy.
5. Deworming, basic blood tests & microchip
6. Basic twenty gallon set up with light/hood, outside filter, under-gravel filters, air pump and gravel. Does not include fish.
As you can see, these costs can make a dent in your monthly and yearly finances. Don’t let the stress of your finances keep you from providing the best care for your pet(s). Call 888-724-2326 and talk to a Money Coach about how to fit pet care into your monthly expenses.
Did you know that May is Mental Health Awareness Month? Given that many people worry about finances, it is no surprise that there is a link between financial well-being, mental health, and overall well-being. Seeking help for mental health issues and getting help with finances when needed can improve overall well-being. Budgeting, debt management, and […]
When it comes to improving your finances, most people immediately think of spending wisely, eliminating debt, and saving up for retirement, and rightly so! Those all can play a huge part in financial success. However, one potential aspect of maintaining solid finances is incorporating an identity theft protection plan. The Cost of Being a Victim […]
Grace, an employee of a leading company in mail distribution, came to the MSA Financial Wellness program in 2013 with the initial concern of her divorce: “I am recently separated from my husband, so I was initially very concerned about being financially able to take care of my needs.” When she entered the program, the […]
Don’t let the financial stress of a plush vacation make your relaxing time lead to an anxiety attack. Here are a few options to keep your vacation fun and cost effective. 1. Spending Plan: When you’re planning for a vacation, decide how much you will need for all the expenses and save a little each […]